April 2022 Guild Update
The EMMA Guild has been working on some new events, recruiting new members, ushering, and gathering just for fun and friendship!
Our new Meet the Member has been a great way for members to learn about each other. I found out that Gaye Farris studied and worked in New Orleans and Eileen Chrzanowski has been married 53 years! We’re working on posting them on the EMMA website so check them out! Can’t wait to see who’s next-maybe you??
Our second Upstairs Downstairs Tour and lunch was in February and sold out as did the first, so we have added another one for October! If you missed the first two buy your tickets early.
We had over 20 members/guests come to the newly renovated St Augustine Shrine Club for their monthly Fried Chicken Friday. It was a great way to show off the club where our Spring into Summer Luncheon will be held in just a few weeks. If you would like to create a “lunch bunch” to taste around town-see me! I’m ready.
Our next meeting is April 17 at 3:30 p m at the Cowan Financial Group office. Easy parking and perhaps a surprise! This is your opportunity to help with our projects, suggest other events and catch up on Guild news.
Each year the spring luncheon sells out and this one will be no different. If you love silent auctions this is the event. We will also have many door prizes, a fashion show, and representatives from community organizations with super ideas of how you can fill your summer with fun and activities. New this year are tickets purchased online so if you need help with that reach out. I have already bought my bf’s ticket as she is 93 and has no interest in a computer.
St Augustine has so many opportunities to see live music so when you are looking for things to do check out the St Augustine Orchestra, St A. Youth Chorus, St A. Jazz Society, First Coast Opera, and the St A. Concert Band. If you love live music don’t forget the Romanza Festival April 29-May 15th where EMMA is hosting ‘The Jersey Boys and Girls’ Concert with the Gainesville Orchestra on May 7th (https://emmaconcerts.com/event/the-gainesville-orchestra-jersey-boys-and-girls/). Most Romanza events are free. And don’t forget the Limelight Theatre! Support our local talent while enjoying our town!
• Membership data entry – Keep Guild directory and membership information up-to-date
• Mailings – Prepare approximately 6 mailings per season
• Telephone – Make telephone calls to Guild members to communicate information
Become part of the fund raising team which coordinates everything from: designing and ordering invitations, hiring a caterer, decorating the room, in other words the EMMA Guild party planners!
• Spring Dinner Dance – January to March
• Silent Auction – January to March
• Annual Guild Dinner – February to April
- Sell Footnotes ad space – Sell ad space in programs and deliver a copy to advertiser with thank you letter
- Media press release writer – Write press releases for publications of Guild events
- Graphic designer – Design Guild invitations and advertisements
- Photographer – Take digital photographs of EMMA events for Guild Historian and website use
- Area Ambassador – Identify an area to keep informed of EMMA concerts and events
Questions? Want to know who the Chair is of a specific committee? Email us or call the EMMA office (904) 797-2800 or if you are looking for new friends and activities please contact Judi Cowan @ (904) 687-5438 about Guild membership.